If your experience with Garrisons in World of Warcraft: Warlords of Draenor has been anything like mine, you’re struggling to find enough Garrison resources to upgrade all your buildings and still send your followers on those snowball’s chance in Hell missions in case the RNG gods shine upon you. The Lumber Mill is a medium size building that’s great for increasing your Garrison resources because it allows you to exchange 10 Timber for 20 Garrison resources per work order. That amount increases to 30 resources if you assign a follower named Phylarch the Evergreen to work on the Lumber Mill. But what’s the fastest way of getting that Timber?
The video above shows you how it’s done, but here are the typewritten instructions:
- Fly to Everbloom Overlook in Gorgrond.
- Make your way northwest of the flight point to Broken Horn Village.
- Run around the perimeter of the village taking as much timber as you can find.
- Once you’ve exhausted the timber, open up your Premade Group Finder and join any large group, such as the ones that typically form for the Apexis Crystal dailies.
- After joining the group, you should be transported to another server where you’ll hopefully find new timber to farm.
- Rinse and repeat until you have 250 timber.
I’ll be the first to admit that this method isn’t entirely fair to the people in those premade groups. You’re just using them to transfer to another server in hopes that the Timber is available there instead and you’re essentially depriving another server of its resources. You’ll have to decide for yourself whether you’re too uncomfortable to do this.
I will also point out that Broken Horn Village has the added benefit of being devoid of hostile mobs so you won’t have to dodge enemies like you would in other areas of Draenor. Even without server swapping, this may be a nice place to fly to every once in a while for an effortless restocking of Timber.
If you find a faster method, please leave a comment below and let me know.